Terms and Conditions:
This website is owned and operated by Etek Retail Solutions UK Ltd under its Brand GrocerLocal.com and referred here as "we," "us" or "our" or “website” or “GrocerLocal.com”.
References to this website in these terms and conditions apply to this website however you access it, including accessing this website through our mobile applications or a version of this website optimised for use on mobile devices or through any downloadable mobile application from Android or Apple Store.
By accessing this website and/or placing an order or requesting a delivery you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you may not use or access this website.
1. Site Use: The use of this site is for your personal requirements for ordering groceries through our partner stores. This site facilitates purchases through your local grocery stores and only offers services to order products of partner stores. We are not responsible for any product quality, pricing, substitution’s and offers of the stores. You can return your goods as per store return and refund policy if you are not happy with any product. Return and Refund policy of partner store is listed for each store. You should make yourself aware about this before making order through this site. For offering grocery ordering service, website charges service charges that is added to your order and reflected in your basket / cart before you make any payment. These are non-refundable service charges. In addition, we may charge fees and or commissions to stores for using our services. All orders and purchases made on the site is governed by the terms and condition below. We may update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Site and the Online Stores. If you continue to use the Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. You are not allowed to assign, sub-license or transfer any of your rights under these terms.
2. Registration: You must be over eighteen years of age to register on site. You must ensure that details provided by yourself are correct and complete and does not construe misinformation. You must inform us of any changes to your information by updating your personal details to ensure that our records are correct up to the date of usage.
3. Password and Security: When you register to the site, you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should notify us by contacting Customer Services. If we have reasons to believe that your security has been compromised, then we may ask you to change your password and or we may suspend your account as per our suspension and termination policy defined hereunder in Cancellation and suspension section
4. Site Availability: We aim to offer best services possible, but we make no promise that services at the site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that services will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the services, you should report it to the customer services by using details in our contact sections. We will attempt to recover services as soon as technically and practically possible. Your access to the site may be occasionally restricted to allow for maintenance activities or during new functionality releases.
5. Amendments: We may update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration. The changes will apply to the use of the Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Site and the Online Stores. If you continue to use the Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
6. Intellectual Property: The content of the website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the website on a computer screen, mobile devices of any kind and may store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from GrocersLocal.com We do not grant any licence to you in these Terms to use any trade mark of GrocersLocal.com or its sister companies and Etek Retail Solutions UK Ltd.
7. Ratings and Review: By submitting your any content including your ratings, review and/or comments you agree that you are the Sole author and are personally responsible for any content you submit and you own any intellectual property rights that it may relate to, all ‘moral right’ that you may have for such content have been voluntarily waived by you and we may contact you at the e-mail address attached to your account to a request a review or to update you about the status of your review.
Further, you agree that you do not submit anything, for which you have been paid or rewarded for, if such compensation influenced the content of your review in anyway, anything that violates any law or is considered to be offensive e.g. threatening, libellous or racially or religiously biased, any information that is false, inaccurate or misleading
We reserve our full right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.
8. Social Media: We encourage comments on social media in responsible, intelligent and constructive manner. We request you to treat others as you would like to be treated and to be polite in situation of disagreements. Use of abusive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed. We may remove and ban any inappropriate comments. We may try to contact you personally for your any queries on your email address supplied. In order to protect privacy of individuals we may remove any information that may identify any individuals. Any spam type posting in form of repetition of messages by individual or group of individuals will be removed.
9. Using Product Search Filters E.g. Brand, Diet and Lifestyle filters: We have created out various filters to help you identify the right products to best meet your requirements and preference and with an objective to make your shopping experience better. We may change these filters based on customers feedbacks or Grocers requirements. We rely about such product related information from our Grocers, product information leaflet by their wholesalers, manufacturers, distributors, and product syndicate company Nielsen Brandbank. We do not validate such data and information and do not confirm that these will be error free. We request you to conduct your own further investigations and validations and not to rely on information provided on our websites only. Thought we try our best to provide you with as much information about the product as possible, we do not take any responsibilities for accuracy of these data and product information.
10. Prices and VAT: All prices shown on our website and app are guide prices only. The actual price you pay will be the price charged in-store at the time your order is picked for delivery or for collection. The actual order value cannot be determined until the day of delivery or collections because the prices stated on the website may vary either above or below the prices in-store on the day your order is picked and delivered. When your order is delivered you may return any item and receive a full refund if you are unhappy with the price charged. All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated. The price of the items does not include the delivery charge which will be charged at the rate specified when you place your order.
11. Order, Substitution and Acceptance of Order: Your order is an offer to buy from us. We pass these orders to the partner Local Grocers whom you have selected for order, Selected Grocer will send you an order confirmation through email to confirm your order. Please note that sale is made by Local Grocer to you directly and an order confirmation is sent by email to you. Given current circumstances and COVID -19 crisis we all are constrained with working and trying to identify and evolve better and smart ways keeping the risk to minimum. In our ordering and Grocers supply context this may mean that certain products ordered may get out of stock by the time orders are being picked by the Grocers for fulfilment. In such situation, Grocer will contact and offer substitution option which you may accept or decline. Once Grocer has done final fulfilment of your order, an email will be sent to you with Confirmation of your order by Grocer. This will have details about the click and Collect or delivery as applicable to your order. To ensure availability of all our products customers may be limited to a maximum number of items. Our service is available for non-commercial and domestic use only. We reserve the right to refuse orders from businesses or that we consider are for commercial or other non-domestic concerns.
12. Collection and Delivery: We list delivery options offered by our partner grocers. These are marked as tick on Grocers Listings, if crossed, it means that Grocers does not support such delivery options. Our Grocers offer free of charge “Click and Collect” and paid delivery options. Delivery charges are shown on your order basket and may vary with various conditions including but not limited to the size of order. We may offer support to partner Grocers for fulfilment of orders made from our website including allocation of delivery partners who have registered with us. However, all the responsibilities of order, sale, collections, delivery, cancellations and refund remains with partner Grocer. We and our partner Grocers reserves the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas. This includes the right to withdraw our services to individual customers' addresses if you are repeatedly unavailable to take delivery of your shopping at your chosen slot time or in other exceptional circumstances.
Products will not be left unattended, for example in a garage. If, in the unfortunate situation no one is available to accept and take your delivery, an email of failed delivery attempt will be sent asking you to contact your local Grocer at your earliest convenience to arrange an alternative delivery time. Redelivery is subject to availability. If you fail to rearrange delivery, your order will be cancelled. If you have not contacted us to rearrange a failed delivery or collection within 24 hours, your order will be cancelled and the cost of your order (excluding the cost of perishable items and any other associated charges) will be refunded to you. If your nominated representative is not aged 18 or above, we will not deliver any products, including those that are Restricted Items (as defined in section 1 "Use of the website" above). Our drivers apply our "Challenge 25 Policy" and so proof of age will be requested if the person receiving the products looks under 25 years old. Pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £1,000. Our Partner Grocers take all necessary precautions, judgement and steps to follow Challenge 25 Policy. This may result in denial of delivery of Age restricted items if you or person taking the delivery or doing click and collect fails to satisfy the conditions for age restricted items. In event of cancellation of such orders, service charges of the portal, delivery charges and any cost will be not be refunded as we will have incurred these costs for such order.
13. Cancellation, Refunds, and Returns Policy: Cancellations, Refunds and Returns Policy is managed by Grocer, please use Grocer contacts details to make such request. If you are not happy with any such request and it’s handling, please write to us on email@example.com and we will make best efforts to agree a satisfactory resolution with you. Please note below constraints related to your purchase may apply. We cannot be held liable for any cancellation, Refunds and Return policies and practices of Partner Grocers.
Neither we nor you will be responsible if we are unable to perform our obligations under the contract due to events which are genuinely beyond your or our reasonable control (as applicable).
Nothing under the contract shall give rights to any person who is not a party to it (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) or otherwise.
We revise our terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that a contract is formed between you and us (as set out above).
For any issues related to our website, we suggest you email us at first instance firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites and its terms and Condition is governed by Law of England and any dispute will be decided by English Courts only.
The Site is owned and operated by Etek Retail Solution UK Ltd a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 40-44 High St, Northwood HA6 1BN
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Company Registration No. 519500, VAT No. GB220 4302 31
Last update: 16/06/2020 ©GrocersLocal.com 2020